Monday, May 04, 2009

Rehab...the saga continues

Today begins the first full week in Rehab. (I wanted to call it something else but Hell is worse than this). My week began with a 4 a.m. wake up call for a blood pressure check followed by a 5 a.m. blood draw. By that time, what the heck, I'm up. So. I've been sitting here up and dressed since 6 this morning. No breakfast for me today as I'm pretty miserable with stomach pains related to the internal plumbing being completely out of whack. Another MD came in to visit this morning, so fortunately he is going to address that as well as lower my oral Prednisolone from 80mg to 60mg. Hopefully, the weight gain will start slowing down a bit. (I'm always horrified at how much weight I gain on this stuff. Now up 40 and counting. That's POUNDS folks. In ONE flipping week). I've already consumed two WARM glass of prune juice (can you say YUCK. Shows how desperate I am that I gladly slugged both glasses back like a college frat boy chugging beer through a funnel). I'm looking forward to talking to the Physical Therapist today. I want to find out how long it's going to be before they start brace fitting. I know the sooner they get the braces on and I re-learn to walk with them, the sooner I can get out of here. I completely understand that I'm going to be spending most of my time in a chair. I get it. However, I also know that it IS possible for me to spend some time walking with the help of adaptive equipment, so that's got to be my focus. I won't give in and just sit in the chair. I'll settle for walking really funny with a walker every now and then. Well, enough for now, It' pill time. More to follow later!

2 comments:

JC said...

Sounds like your day is starting off great !!! LOL

I found your sense of humor still in there ... frat reference.

I was in a sorority, were you ?

Don't ever give up on the possibility of walking ... no matter what you have to do ...

I'm having my 2nd cup of coffee and I'm with you ... sitting in the chair ... telling you how lousy this is for you but I'm also making you laugh about it.

Those lbs will come off ... I've been there ... not as much as you, but I wasn't on the steroids as long as you. (I took mine as a five day in hospital ... 3 hrs at a time.. and than 20 days of pills)

I'll check in on you tomorrow.

Give em hell !!!! And, know that I'm with you in rehab.

awb said...

I ask my PT person if she they got paid extra if they made me cry? Imagine my surprise when she said yes!

Andy