Friday, May 15, 2009

One Lovely Blog Award.....

This award was passed on to me this evening by Tara. Someone who had just found my blog. Thank you Tara, both for the award and the wonderful things you said about me in your blog mention. I'll try to keep living up to them :)

Tara's blog can be found at: http://livingdaytodaywithmultiplesclerosis.blogspot.com/ Please check her blog out. Not only does she do a wonderful job with her blog, but she also has a web site a web site dedicated to custom canes http://www.creativecustomcanes.com/ Her blog is filled with informative information regarding MS and of course, how MS has touched not only her life, but the lives of her family as well. Of course, I have to admit, my favorite part of her blog is the Dr. Seuss poem. Tara, if you know where I can find that on a T-shirt let me know! I haven't laughed so hard since rehab started!

Now to pass this award on to others. What a tough choice. There are so many wonderful blogs out there that I follow. Some for great medical information, some because I wish I had half the chutzpah they have in dealing not only with MS, but the insensitive people they deal with as well. Others because some how, they always manage to keep going. Putting one foot in front of the other no matter what the new challenge MS throws at them. Most of all, I follow them because each one, in their own way inspires me to keep fighting, even when I don't want to any more. Sometimes it's Blindbeard http://blindbeardsmsblog.blogspot.com/ and the not so tactful way she tells someone to stuff themselves. (Girl, I wish I could do that.)! Or MS ME http://txphoenix.blogspot.com/ and the way she get up and goes to work everyday to a high pressure, high stress job, yet held it all together when Hurricane Ike came calling. Then there is Webster. Webster is the "grounded one" for me. No matter what she is going through with her MS she is so matter of fact about it (O.K., except maybe the sleep thing). She makes it seem like MS is just something she does, no matter how big, bad or ugly it is she refuses to allow it to consume her life. She's too busy LIVING it. Herrad was one of the first MS Blogs I found http://accessdenied-livingwithms.blogspot.com/ When I first discovered her blog she was trying to raise funds for another MSer to receive equipment this person desperately needed. Herrad has a heart as big as the ocean that separates us. She is one that challenges all of us to be better people no matter what our own personal struggles or hardships may be.

There are so many other's I follow for very special reasons. This entry would go on for days if I tried to list them all and give the reason's why. Suffice it to say you each motivate me, encourage me, make me laugh and make me cry. I couldn't do this journey without you!

4 comments:

Herrad said...

Hi Kimberly,

And we couldn't do it without you.

Have a good weekend.

Love,
Herrad

Blindbeard said...

Awww shucks! I'm so flattered. Ya really think I'm not so tactful? Damn, you are right, I can't even pretend that I'm not. All I can say is 10Q! 10Q! 10Q!

Living Day to Day with Multiple Sclerosis said...

Thank you Kimberly for the super sweet things you said about me, my blog and my website. I wish you the best in your recovery and look forward to hearing more about it.

Herrad said...

Hi Kimberl,

Thanks so much for giving me this award.
Just came by to say hello and was shocked to see that I had not already thanked you .

Thanks again.
Love,
Herrad