Friday, May 08, 2009

MS Jeopardy,,,,,,

I was so tired when I decided to call it a night last night. I took the meds the nurse brought, made that final bathroom run, crawled into the oh, so, comfy hospital bed and was out. Totally, wonderfully, blissfully unaware of what MS's plans were for me this night. MS decided that I had simply had enough rest at 11:45 and it was time for for me to wake up. Quickly, painfully, completely and totally. Ahhhhh yes. MS had decided to play it's favorite middle of the day, afternoon, evening or night game with me: Muscle Spascity Jeopardy. This time MS chose, "Let's lock the right knee up for 600.00". As I awoke writhing in pain grasping for the call light knowing full well that there would be absolutely nothing the nurse could do about it, but hoping for a miracle anyway, my right knee locked. Frozen in an abnormal bent position as the muscles battled it out for position. I had no idea my knee could bend in that direction. I never WANTED to know my knee could bend that way! The nurse came in asking what I needed. It didn't take her long to realize that what I needed was a hammer to the head to beat me into unconsciousness while MS played it's game. As that, unfortunately, wasn't an option she brought a pain pill as I tried not to wake my roomie with my moan and fervent prayers. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity (Which in reality was only (HAH I say ONLY) 20 minutes, MS decided it had easily won the round, deciding I was to much of a wimp to have much fun with and retreated. Now, I sit here wide awake afraid to go back to sleep for fear of another round of MS Jeopardy. God, I hate this disease.

2 comments:

Webster said...

Yep. MS bites. I hope you're feeling better today.

Ha! my password is Jaxwooki.

JC said...

I'm so sorry.