Monday, May 11, 2009

Home Bound!

Tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for! I'm going home. I'm thrilled to be going home, but I have to admit to having some trepidation about it as well. I feel like a 9 year old that has been waiting in line, excitedly, for my turn on the new big roller coaster. Now that I'm actually getting on the coaster, the bar being lowered across my lap, I'm more scared than excited and wish I had the guts just to scoot out the other side. That's how I feel about going home. So many things will be the same, yet very different. There are so many things that I will be learning how to do differently. So many things that were natural to do, now aren't. I know I'll adjust. I'm a fighter and this certainly isn't the first challenge life has thrown at me. It's not even the most difficult one, the hearing issues and complications were far more challenging. I got through them all, and I know God will get me through this one as well. I'll spend the rest of this week resting and starting the adaptation process at home. The following week I start Outpatient therapy. 3 days a week of PT and 3 days a week of OT. All the sessions will be here at the rehab hospital which will be nice in that I know the staff. However, it is and hour away from home each way, so that is a little bit of a challenge, especially since I don't have a wheelchair lift installed in the van yet. I simply can't afford to do it. It's going to run 3500.00 The MS Society will contribute 400 towards it, but it's going to have to wait a bit. Thankfully, friends have already started lining up to volunteer to help in anyway they can. Even if it's simply lifting the chair in and out of the van. I don't know what I'd do without the phenomenal group of folks I have in my life. Not only do you learn who your friends AREN'T when things get tough, you certainly learn who they are. My fellow bloggers have been great with support as well. Your comments have made me laugh when not much was funny and you helped me remember that somewhere, someone else was going thorugh the exact same thing. Thanks for you support, from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't have done this without each one of you, family, friends and fellow bloggers, because frankly, Rehab SUCKS! LOL

2 comments:

JC said...

I remember just wanting to go home. When I got here, there was a peace. It was hard. It hurt. But I was home finally !!

I hope you don't get too tired tomorrow.

Good Luck with rehab ... it's be harder than you think but you get to go home when you're done.

I'll be thinking of you ...

awb said...

MS sure weeded out the shallow friends, but it left me with the great ones! Good luck with everything.

Andy