Saturday, May 09, 2009

3 hours and counting......

Only three hours until I'm out on pass. Amazing what a big deal it is, but I can't wait to get out of this place. Even if it is only for a few hours. I'm going to get my hair cut (I look way to shaggy for my tastes) and relax. It will be nice not to be on a time table and have a day off from therapy. My tentative discharge is scheduled for Tuesday and I hope we manage to stick with that. Rehab just sucks. I know how important it is, but it sucks none the less. Besides, it doesn't matter how much work and effort I put in, I'm really not going to know how independent I am until I get home in my own surroundings. One of the therapies they don't offer here, which frankly shocks me, is counseling. Everyone here is going through a life altering experience and trying to find ways to emotionally cope and adapt. You'd think that talking to a counselor would be as required during rehab as physical and occupational therapy is. I've decided to find a therapist when I get out of here. I know I need someone to talk to to help me adjust to everything. Mark is wonderful, but he can't help with everything. I need to be able to "dump" on someone and spare him as much of it as I can. After all, he's trying to adjust to the changes as well and they are big ones. I'm not walking at all now. Hopefully, that will improve over time with more therapy, but that's where it is now. That's a pretty big freaking change. Anyway, before this entry gets to heavy I'm closing it out. There is a new blog I'm following ( Called the Learning Curve)and I've posted a link for it on my blog. It's completely non MS related, but looks like it's going to be one of those blogs filled with profound thoughts that will make you ponder. Check it out. Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

JC said...

I hope you have a good time.