Friday, September 26, 2008

The call to blog.




I've realized that if i don't blog according to my usual pattern (daily) folks start worrying about me. So I figured I better get a quick one out to reassure everyone that I am alive and breathing and not curled up in a fetal position somewhere bemoaning the "chair". OK...so I may not be curled up in a fetal position, but I will admit to bemoaning the chair a bit. OK, maybe more than a bit. I kinda feel like the horse pictured above. I just want to lie down....for as long as I can. In reality I know I can't, so I'm getting used to maneuvering around in the chair. Fortunately I can stand, a bit wobbly, but I can stand none the less. Which makes it a lot easier than it could be. That's just me the eternal optimist....saying it could always be worse. On a positive note the machine is really helping with the pain. It's a lot better than it was. Sleeping still tends to be hit and miss, with more hits than misses, thank God. As far as the MS, well it pretty well sucks, but what is, IS. I try and focus on the good things in my life. If I sat around and just thought about the MS all day, I'd be a basket case, ready for a rubber room. There is so much needing to be done in the house, and right now I am little help. The electricians are coming tomorrow to put some additional plugs in the garage so Mark can start drywalling and putting up shelves. The next big priority is getting HIS office together. We'll be busy working on the inside of the house this fall and winter. We're still enjoying the front patio we had poured in June. Hopefully we'll be able to enjoy it for another month before the weather gets too cold and the snow starts.

No comments: