Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

A New Year looms a mere hours away. We all look to the New Year with hope and optimism, hoping that the challenges we faced over the past year won't be repeated. While 2008 was filled with challenges for me, more than are even mentioned here on the blog, it WAS a good year. I learned a lot. I learned how strong MS is, but I learned that I am stronger. With each challenge that MS threw at me I learned new coping skills and how unimportant some things really are. I was also blessed to be married to my best friend and life partner. A man who is so special words couldn't begin to convey everything I feel. This is a man who has stood beside me through everything MS threw at me this year. It is a rare man OR woman who would do that. I don't know what I ever did to be blessed with such a man. For him I am truly thankful. I have wonderful friends that have stood by me, and some who have chosen to fall away. While I miss those who chose to fall away, I realize that they weren't friends to begin with. Adversity tends to make "fair weather friends" disappear. The positive is that adversity also tends to to bring new friends into your life as well. Friends you know will now be there through whatever curves life throws in my life, as I will be there for their challenges. I can't even begin to express my thankfulness for my family. Thank God for family. Where would we be without our families?

No comments: