Monday, December 29, 2008

After all what IS a perfect day??

Today was a good day. My energy level stayed pretty high (for me) all day. If I hadn't had the stiff right shoulder and neck it would have been a perfect day! It's amazing how my definition of a "perfect day" has changed since MS entered my life. Previously, a perfect day would have been hitting the malls for an all day shopping excursion with a girlfriend or a day spent with my husband taking a long drive and stopping at the beach for a long walk. Now the "perfect day" is simply staying upright on my own two feet. What a difference MS makes. Shots, pills, infusions and "adaptive equipment" are now part of our daily lives. Thank goodness we have them all. I can't imagine where I'd be without the steroid infusions, the Rebif injections or the Neurontin. Not the mention the STS RX machine I use several times each day. I know that my pain level would be much worse than it is now. I rarely have any neuropathy in my legs and feet. In fact when i have tingling now I'm always surprised. If you haven't had a chance to watch the video on the blog, please do. It's very informative and explain how and why the machine and protocols work.

No comments: