Friday, January 30, 2009

Train Wreck Fatigue Strikes Again

Recently, MS has appeared to decide to take a break from battling my body. While my balance was still wobbly I was FEELING better. My energy level was up and I was even seeing a big decrease (FINALLY) from the sde effects of the Rebif injection I take. Now I've noticed over the past few days a big increase in my fatigue level and the numb/painful area has returned on the outside of my right thigh. I've even started having some pretty significant spascity return to my legs. Looking back I don't see that I've done anything different (except maybe I'm not drinking enough fluids). Of course, that's always my first thought, "What did I do to bring this on". I know that's purely an emotional question. A reaction to what I perceive as a setback. Rationally I know I didn't do anything. I do know I'm under a lot of stress right now with other things going on in my life that I'm not at liberty to discuss here. As we all know, nothing will cause flareups and exacerbation's than stress. When I become rational again, I get angry. However, right now I'm too bloody tired to be terribly angry. This is one of the days where the fatigue is so bad I had to force myself up to get dressed. Now I'm sitting in my recliner, where, as soon as I post this I fully intend to take a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you took that nap and that it lasted a long time. Just a reminder to most of us that when we say we are tired, we really don't know what tired it. ~Mary