Friday, January 16, 2009

Catch 22

The past few days have been an absolute whirl wind of activity. I went down to the valley on Wednesday to stay for a few days as both Petunia and I had medical appointments. I had one each on Thursday and Friday and Petunia had on Friday (today) as well. Fortunately Petunia once again got a clean bill of health and another round of puppy shots. She also gained 3 pounds in a week! She is going to be an absolute bruiser! My stamina held up pretty ell until late this afternoon then TWF hit. No sooner did I put my seat back during the drive home than I was out for the count for a hour. Would have slept longer if I was in bed or my recliner I'm sure. For me, the hardest part of MS isn't managing all the neurological issues (although they are a challenge), it's managing the fatigue. If I push I crash and burn, if I don't push I feel guilty. I often feel like I'm in a catch 22 situation. Darned if I do and darned if I don't. So I keep plugging along day by day putting one foot in front of the other. Hoping that each day will be better than the day before. I know I've said this before, but if I didn't have the wonderful extended support system I have I don't know how I'd cope.

No comments: