Thursday, January 22, 2009

MS fatigue bites

I spent Monday and Tuesday morning over doing. Consequently I was on the couch Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday as well. You think I would learn after awhile not to hand TWF the opportunity to mow me down on a silver platter. (For those of you just joining the blog TWF is Train Wreck Fatigue a term coined by my sister-in-law who also has MS. If you watch the video at the top of the blog, my wonderful sister-in-law is featured on the video as well). It's very frustrating to get up in the morning and feel full of energy with a long list of things you want to do, people you want to see and NOT do those things. So, this week I just did what I wanted and pushed to get things done. Boy did I pay for it. Still am. Today just driving home from the valley was exhausting. I'm running my programs now, hoping that it will relieve my pain and help me sleep tonight. I find that almost amusing. I can't help but sleep during the day when TWF visits, yet it's not a refreshing sleep. It's almost as if my body just gives out and that kind of sleep is just trying to recharge my "batteries" to the minimal level. Just enough for me to wake up and be able to function on some level. Not only am I exhausted when TWF visits, but my pain level increases as well. Not a good combination. Reading other blogs pushing ourselves seems to be a common trait MSers have. I look at it this way: While pushing ourselves may not always be the smartest thing to do, I have a feeling we wouldn't do as well as we do if we didn't have that "fighting" spirit.

No comments: