Friday, January 09, 2009

The end of the tunnel....and the oncoming train

I'm FINALLY starting to feel better. Not by much, but I'll take anything at this point. Whatever "bug" I had simply knocked me on my keister. (Not that it takes much to do that...all I have to do is try and walk down the hallway to accomplish that). I'm still sucking Halls like candy and taking Robitussin (NASTY stuff), but at least I'm not longer hacking up green goop. I'm just hacking now. I wonder how long it will take to be back to even 60%. If my immune system spent half the time protecting my body instead of attacking my neurological system I would have been over this crud days ago. Wonderful thing our immune system, when it works right. Instead, I'm forced to take a shot three times a week to "regulate" my immune system. In theory, it's supposed to "help" my immune system behave itself and stop attacking my central nervous system. Which it's not doing. "Helping" my immune system behave itself I mean. Apparently, my immune system has a mind all it's own. It laughs in the face of Copaxone and Rebif. It's only high dose steroids that forces it to back off and behave itself. For awhile. I've noticed an increase in the amount of neuropathy (that wonderful feeling you get when your foot falls asleep) in both my feet and my balance is once again uncertain. I'm ignoring the fact that my energy sucks and contributing that to the crud I've been trying to fight off for almost a week. (One can always hope. Besides I prefer optimism). I absolutely refuse to start the New Year off with an exacerbation. Do you HEAR me immune system?

No comments: