Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Treatment Day Two

Spent two hours at the clinic today being tested and "hooked up". I'm using a new protocol to help with my hands. I'm hooked up with six electrodes on one hand and two one the other as I type. I'll run the protocol for 20 minutes then switch the electrodes from hand to hand. I swear, it looks like something out of a science fiction movie! I'm not seeing a big pain level difference yet. However, i HAVE noticed the "edge" of the pain is gone. I expect to see improvements everyday until the pain is gone. I met a woman in the clinic today who came for treatments with her lungs. She has been receiving treatment for several months and her pulmonologist took her off ALL her meds on her last visit with him. Her pulmonary function has improved dramatically and she no longer needs her inhalers, steroids and other assorted medications. There was also a woman there being treated for pain and Dr. Rhodes is weaning her off her fentanyl and Oxycontin. Can you imagine? Being in such pain they put you on the hard stuff and using a machine with specific protocols designed for you gets you off all of them. You would think insurance companies would jump at the chance to save the billions of dollars they spend each year on pain medication for chronic pain sufferers as well as for those with MS and all the other chronic diseases this machine has been successful at treating. The resistance makes little sense to me.

No comments: