Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bittersweet Homecoming

Coming home after a trip is always great. Especially one where you've been gone 2 weeks. However, this homecoming was bittersweet. We had to put Valor to sleep the day before we left town. I didn't really have the opportunity to grieve. Coming home to a dog-less home for the first time in years as well as his ashes and paw print was beyond tough. So, while I was thrilled to be home, Thursday evening and yesterday I was gob smacked with grief. I think I've cried a river. Now, I know that each day will get better and while the pain fades the memories won't. I'll always have those. Rest easy my friend. Texas was a success. My frequency was changed a few times, which is why, if possible, folks should spend a few weeks there if they can. My balance is better, not perfect, but better. I'm starting to sleep a bit better and the neuropathy is better. The left hip pain and lower back pain is proving to be a bit tougher, but they will get there. Of course, the most important thing is the improvements I'm already seeing. My general pain level is MUCH better. That alone makes the trip worth doing. My fatigue level is better as well. I still have TWF hit now and then, but I generally have a good energy level in the mornings now. (Meaning I have to be careful no to do too much). The afternoons are still a challenge, but it all takes time and I have plenty of it. I'm running the programs about every three hours while I'm home. Three times a day if I'm out and about. I DO notice a difference if I don't run the machine as often. The pain level creeps up , my fatigue level gets worse and there goes the balance. If you want information on the clinic, click the link for Dr, Rhodes in the right column.

No comments: