Sunday, November 09, 2008

In Memory of Valor

I haven't posted the past few days as I just didn't have the desire. Valor passed at 2:30 p.m. yesterday. He passing was peaceful. His head was in my lap and my voice was the last thing he heard, my face the last he saw. The vet stated that he agreed with our decision and it was time. It made it no more painful for us, but we know that ending Valor's suffering was the right thing to do. I cried myself to sleep last night, holding onto one of Valor's toys. I woke with it wrapped in my arms this morning. Fortunately, we had an early morning flight and, as we overslept, there was no time to think about anything else but making the plane. It wasn't until we were in the air that Valor was mentioned. The healing process is going to take some time.

1 comment:

MS. ME said...

There are really, really big butterflies that are now happily being chased by him!! Lots of cyber hugs and mucho prayers of healing!