Monday, June 08, 2009

Kind of a first........

Last night I had a first time experience. Kind of. It wasn't the first time I had cooked. However, it WAS the first time I had cooked a meal from the chair. I chose Beef Stroganoff. I mean why pick something simple right? I just had my husband stand by just in case I needed help (which I did with draining the pasta).

I am pleased to report that everything went well. The meal according to my husband, was wonderful (I know he misses my cooking). No disaster occurred. It WAS a bit challenging to see inside the pot boiling the pasta, so I had to have help with that.

Beyond how the meal tasted, being able to prepare the meal boosted my self confidence and self esteem better than anything else has in awhile. Cooking, such as simple thing that I love and took for granted I'd always be able to do. I showed myself (and my husband) I CAN still cook, but for now won't attempt the task without either him or someone else here. (So it's microwave food for awhile).

I have to admit to being so pleased with myself. It totally wiped me out, but it was so worth it!

Tomorrow is PT (UGH) and an appointment with my physiatrist. I know we're going to be talking about electric wheelchairs. I'm hoping he'll take me off of some of the medication I'm on. We'll see.

So everyone have a great evening!

Blog at you all tomorrow!

2 comments:

Living Day to Day with Multiple Sclerosis said...

Beef Stroganoff is one of my absolute favorite meals ever. Yummy!!! Congratulations to you for taking some control back!! Good luck at PT!

Living Day to Day with Multiple Sclerosis said...

Kimberly! If you get a chance stop by and pick up your award. Your ambition is very admirable.