Saturday, June 20, 2009

Inspired by Herrad

Herrad has the most amazing photographs on her blog. I thought it was past time I shared some of mine. I love photography, always have. My absolutely favorite medium is 35mm B&W. I know, I'm a dinosaur. I've also always loved macro photography. I find it very challenging. I recently decided to enter the "modern" world of photography and invested in a nice digital camera. In addition to all the
"standard goodies" I invested in two macro lenses. As my skill with macro
photography develops I'll add diffusers etc.
These are just a small sampling of some of the flowers we have in our front garden. Above is a "Pope John Paul' Rose.
This is one of our day Lillie's.
One of the reasons I love macro photography is seen below. The close up detail your able to get is amazing.


This is my "Disney Rose" bush. The variety of colors on the bush never ceases to amaze me. I can have a dark pink rose on a stem right next to a peach rose. Everyday I seem to notice a rose of a different color on this bush.





Here is another example of the detail you get using a macro lens. Not only are you able to clearly see the smallest details, but the color is amazing as well.







Tiny flowers that I have in a decorative pot on my outdoor garden table.





This is Petunia, aka "Toonie". Mommies girl. She has a
face that only her Mommy could love, (and she does). Toonie is an Olde English Bulldogge. She is 8 months old and already tops the scale at over 60 pounds! She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She's a real sweetheart but her size, and her constantly barred teeth makes her more than a tad intimidating.







2 comments:

Blindbeard said...

Those pictures are great. I love flowers and the detail in your pictures is amazing.

Herrad said...

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for postign those really good photos.

You have taken some great picturers there.

Have a great day.
Love,
Herrad