Saturday, August 01, 2009

New Year

It seems appropriate some how that at the same time I'm starting year two with a new blog, I'm also starting on a new injection, Copaxone. I was on Copaxone before for about 18 months until it obviously stopped working for me last year. However, I just can't tolerate the side effects of the Rebif. I had forgotten how bloody much this injection burns, and I'm not just taking when you inject. I'm talking for 10 minutes afterwards as well. Crap. I hope it eases over time...to say just 5 minutes. Geesh.

Other wise things are about the same. Left leg doesn't want to work, eyes don't want to work, ears don't work and my back gives me constant pain. Gee....I sound like quite the pick don't I?

Fortunately, I go back to UCLA the week after I return from vacation (we leave tomorrow YIPPEE). I'm hoping they will take me off at least half the drugs I'm on. I'm seeing them for the Tysarbi program to see if I qualify. I'm praying that I do. While part of the whole Tysarbi business scares the crap out of me I know that if it works, it may be my last hope to stop further progression. Besides, statistically the odds of having a complication worse than an IV site problem is in my favor. I'm at the piont I just want to do it and get it done.

Well everyone, have a wonderful weekend. Read a book for me Webster!

No comments: