Saturday, February 13, 2010

Shuddup already

Have you ever just wanted to tell everyone just to shut up about your MS?! I've been feeling that way for awhile, hence the slow down on my blogging. (Of course I do blog weekly both video and written for howIfightms.com). I try and live my life NOT being focused on my MS which is pretty hard to do when your having a tough time getting around. However, it becomes impossible when the first sentence out of everyone's mouth when they see you is "how are you feeling".  Is that how they always great their non-MS friends? I know...they ask because they care. Maybe I'm just being pissy or too sensitive, but how about a greeting that is a simple, "It's good to see you". Let ME bring up the MS if I want too, or just let me forget about it and enjoy the company......

3 comments:

Webster said...

I agree that a simple "It's good to see you," is nice, but I choose to focus on the intent rather than the question. If it's tinged with a glint of judgment, (like have you been exercising/eating right/ etc.) then bah, I don't need it. But if it is genuine concern, well that's a different matter.

warriorforGod said...

My wife has MS and I guess I never really noticed that people initiate a conversation this way, but after thinking about it you are absolutely right. The worst part is I find myself doing this most of the time. I agree with your logic and am going to make an effort to let her bring up the MS if she wants too. Your blog is both inspiring and informational. Great job!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the compliment! It's great to know I'm making a difference.