Monday, February 15, 2010

Appreciating the beauty of the day.........

We have had very unusual weather this winter here. (What area hasn't). However, instead of cold and snow we've had the opposite. Here it is February and we have highs in the low 60's! Where is our snow this year??? My bulbs think it's spring and have begun growing. Heck most of them are 3 inches above ground already! I'm afraid my Magnolia tree will also think it's spring and start blooming. If that happens I know we'll have a hard freeze and they will die :(

Although for all my worry over my garden I am appreciating the beauty I see. Snow still caps the mountains all around me, yet I can look down and see the first Verbena flowers of the year already blooming in a vibrant red in the garden. My day lily's are up and I'm waiting for their first blooms to appear.

My garden reminds me of my journey with MS. It's all about perspective. I can bemoan the fact that my flowers are already starting to bloom or hush up and simply enjoy their beauty. I can also bemoan the fact that I am required to use a cane to walk at all times or hush up and be thankful I CAN walk.

So today, I'm not going to worry about what tomorrow will bring. I'm simply going to enjoy the beauty of the day.

4 comments:

warriorforGod said...

Wow, where do you live? Here in Nebraska it is like the ice planet hoth. Thanks for another truly inspirational post.

Kimberly said...

I'm in the mountain of Central California.

Anonymous said...

I just found out i have MS from a MRI which they thought i had it 6 years ago but showed no symptoms and now I am showing symptoms, as of blurred vison, inv.jerking of arms and legs, can't hold anything without dropping it, i feel all jerky inside my body,unable to sleep, increase pain in the legs,unsteady gait, foogy thinking, getting words twisted and the doctor can't see me for 3 weeks, shouldn't i be seen to get treatment asap. ? someone please help me by giving me info. thanks

Kimberly said...

YES, you should absolutely be receiving treatment. Call the Neurologist up and let them know what's going on. I would also let your primary care physician know!