Friday, February 19, 2010

Here we go again.......

Went to my opthamologist today for a follow up on the optic neuritis I had before the holidays. Actually, this was a followup to the follow up. Anyway. My left eye had started bothering me on Monday. I didn't panic, I was hoping it was nothing. (Don't we ALWAYS hope it's nothing)?

Sure enough I have yet another case of Optic Neuritis, in the left eye. I'm on eye drops for now, but if this follows the path of all my other bouts of O.N. I'll be having a full blown exacerbation before long. Isn't MS grand? 

I find myself unable to be witty, when all I want to do is have a good cry.

2 comments:

Dana said...

can i ask you what your currently experiencing with the optic neuritis? is it just currently pain or is your vision impaired. i'm dealing with my second bout of decent pain in one of my eyes, the last of which lasted about two weeks, but other than some loss of vibrant color, for lack of a better way to explain it, the vision doesn't seem impaired. i'm dragging my feat on calling the doc on this one again, but i probably should. i always figured optic neuritis was one symptom i'd never really deal with, but i'm afraid i might be wrong.

anyhow, best of luck to you. hopefully this will pass quick without anything more happening!!

Kimberly said...

Dana,
MY O.n. typically start with pain in the eye. (I describe it as feeling like someone punched me in the eye). Yes, you can have color loss (I always have to struggle with reading the color test book after a bout). CALL YOUR DOCTOR. I know none of us like the treatments, but its better than having permanent damage. Good luck!