Thursday, January 28, 2010

OK now I'm

pissed. We're talking big time, full blown even angry at God PISSED. I just received word that the State of California in their infinite wisdom decided to deny my industrial retirement. Even though their own MD said I couldn't return to work due to the injuries. (This is on top of the MS). I have just had it. When am I going to get a freaking break? Sure, I can appeal. But I have to hire an attorney to do that. I don't happen to have that kind of money lying around.

Work says I can't do the "essential duties" in a wheelchair so I can't come back to the same job. However, I CAN come back to a job with a drastic cut in pay, which won't even pay my mortgage let alone other bills.

So what are my options..........


Webster said...

Can you find an attorney who will take your case pro bono? Or for a percentage of your winnings if there are any? Attorneys usually give you a free initial visit to see the merits of your case.

kmilyun said...

Gosh this so sucks!

My buddy went through this crap also he hooked up with the local law college and the students helped him for free.

Hang in there.


Herrad said...

Hi Kimberly,

What shitty news for you.
Think Webster and Jan's suggestion is good.
Hope you can find a lawyer or law students who will help you.

Please come by my blog and pick up your award.