Monday, May 09, 2016

Had a bit of a set back with starting the Lemtrada. My shingles titer came back to low. So, I had to have a Shingles vaccine. Because it's a live vaccine we have to wait 6 weeks now to start. Looks like the new date will the the week of June 20th. I was very disappointed. After psyching myself up to actually take the drug it was very disappointing. Now I'll have to go through the process all over again. I found a great support group online. Most of the folks there have had a really positive experience with the drug. It's NOT a cure, but it's supposed to stop the progression of MS. Some folks actually get function back. It would be great to walk like a sober person instead of having a gait that makes me look drunk! Would also be nice to lose the motorized wheelchair and cane.

No comments: