Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another drug added

Went to my Neurologist yesterday. Of course he is completely opposed to LDN and started me on Azathioprine. A chemo therapy agent. I'm on a Monday Weds, Fri. schedule so I tarted it last night. I felt a little nauseous  about 2 hours after I took it, but no biggy. Although today I have no desire to eat anything. Weird for me.

I'm still seeing the other Neurologist on the 2nd. It will be interesting to see what he says as he sounds much more progressive about MS than my current Neurologist. It's amazing the difference in the care we receive. It's the luck of the draw. You see a Neurologist and think they would be up on the latest treatments and supportive of them. Not so as I have discovered.

Just shows how important it is that WE keep up on all the latest information and become strong patient advocates for ourselves.


1 comment:

~Erin~ said...

I went to the neurologist yesterday and asked about LDN--nope. They actually got online and went to a neuro site (can't remember the site but I don't think it is a public site) and showed me how little research there actually is on LDN. Shot down yet again!