Monday, November 30, 2009

Back from Thanksgiving


Back in town after a wonderful Thanksgiving with family in a beautiful setting with gorgeous weather. Who could ask for more? We had a wonderful Thanksgiving catching up with family. Mark got a few rounds of golf in and I got to catch up with his sisters and the rest of the family. The weather was perfect: high 70's and low 80's for the 10 days we were gone. (Of course we also missed the first snow of the season at home). While it was wonderful to be away from the stress of daily living here, I was glad to be back. I missed my animals and routine.
As usual I pushed myself too hard and did too much while I was gone and while I should be resting now, there is simply too much to be done before Christmas. I can't believe Christmas is just a few weeks away. We'll be traveling to see family and two of the grandkids and I can't even begin to say how excited I am about the trip. Although I'm not so sure about the drive. Thanksgiving really wiped me out and the drive was really minimal. The Christmas drive will be days long. We'll have to see as we get closer if I'll be up to that long a drive.

I see my neurologist next week and boy do I have some things to talk to him about. I've started having terrible site reactions to my injection and my legs almost constantly feel like I've spread a heavy layer of Icy Hot on them. Other than that the MS has been behaving itself. I just have to watch how hard I push myself, but that's me NOT listening to my body and paying for the results.

2 comments:

Lola said...

Hi there,
Glad to have found you on twitter and to be reading your blog. I was "officially" diagnosed only 4 months ago at the age of 40. However, I also have experienced symptoms for several years prior. I have a blog already but now aspire to use it as you are doing - to share my MS journey with others.
Thanks for sharing your journey!
Liane

Kimberly said...

Liane,
Thanks for the nice comment. I'll be sure to check up your blog. :)

Kimberly